As Business Insider notes, Branson has launched over 400 companies under the Virgin brand. Some were great successes, and some were spectacular failures. As reported by Business Insider, those notable failures included:
- Almost a whole line of Virgin drinks. Virgin Cola was just one in a series of beverages. Branson also created Virgin Energy Shot, Virgin Vodka and a carbonated alcoholic beverage called Virgin Ooze (not quite sure why that one didn’t stick). However, Virgin Vines—the wine—actually did quite well.
- A line of cosmetics
- Virgin Clothing
- Virginware, an off-shoot of Victoria’s Secret
- An automobile line called Virgin Cars (it sold about 12,000 cars total)
- Virgin Brides, a bridal-wear company
- Virgin Pulse, a software and hardware competitor to iTunes and the iPod