We’ve only counted awards for acting (not writing, directing, producing or singing), and have included non-competitive awards and lifetime achievement awards, such as the Golden Globe Cecil B. deMille Award and ensemble cast awards.
Our tie breakers:
- Most Academy Awards
- Most Best Actor/Actress Academy Awards
- Most Supporting Actor/Actress Academy Awards
- Most Honorary Acting Academy Awards
- Most Golden Globes
- Most Best Actor/Actress Golden Globes
- Most Supporting Actor/Actress Golden Globes
- Fewest ensemble awards
Honorable mentions to Glenn Close, Judy Davis, Dennis Franz, Sarah Jessica Parker, Tony Shaloub and Alfre Woodard. Each has won eight awards, but none has won an Oscar. We start our list with the eight-time award winners who have won at least one Oscar.
Go back to the story.